Training to deliver rigorous and reproducible animal studies by planning in accordance with the PREPARE guidelines.
We are delighted to be able to bring you this course developed in collaboration with Norecopa (Norway's National Consensus Platform for the advancement of "the 3 Rs" (Replacement, Reduction, Refinement).
Who should attend?
PREPARE for better science is designed for individuals involved in the care, use and oversight of animals in science, who want to Plan Research and Experimental Procedures on Animals in accordance with published Recommendations for Excellence (the PREPARE guidelines).
We believe that better, more rigorous and reproducible science does not just happen.
It requires planning to:
- formulate animal studies in accordance with contemporary best practice standards. We will discuss research ethics, how to implement the 3Rs principles of humane experimental technique, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- ensure adequate dialogue between scientists and the animal facility. We will discuss the communication of objectives, timescales, funding and division of labour, as well as facility considerations including risk assessments, plus education and training requirements.
- ensure the quality control of study components. We will discuss experimental reagents and procedures, animal characteristics, health monitoring, housing and husbandry, humane killing and post-mortem analyses.
Having completed this course individuals will be able to:
- deliver better science by planning studies using the PREPARE checklist.
- identify what they can do differently and understand how to implement change to plan studies in accordance with the PREPARE guidelines.
- reflect upon the benefits that implementing the PREPARE guidelines can bring in the context of their own work.
- advise others on how to use the PREPARE checklist and website to plan future research activities.
For a more detailed course description download a copy of the Online PREPARE for Better Science course overview.
You can also watch Dr Nikki Osborne sharing her “Guide to responsible Animal Research” and Prof Adrian Smith discussing "How to plan animal studies well" during these FREE Responsible Research Webinars.
Session 1: Formulation of the study
Session 2: Dialogue between scientists and the animal facility
Session 3: Quality control of study components
£275 per person. This fee includes:
- 3 LIVE training sessions - to develop your knowledge, understanding and awareness, plus share resources to support you to implement the PREPARE guidelines;
- 3 planned activities - to reflect upon how to apply the learning outcomes and receive personal coaching from course tutors Dr Nikki Osborne & Prof Adrian Smith;
- Direct access to expert course tutors for the duration of the course – to discuss any practical challenges/barriers to implementing your learning;
- A personal copy of all course content and handouts – so that you can refer back to it whenever you wish;
- Post-session quizes to test your knowledge and understanding of the key points included within the PREPARE guidelines.
NOTE - To register and make payment via our secure online service click the BOOK NOW links below. To request an invoice for individual or group registration fees please email email@example.com.
LIVE online course:
26th-28th April 2022 - REGISTRATION CLOSED
13th-15th September - Book Now
Why book our courses?
100% of online training participant's surveyed said they would recommend their course to others.
All our courses have strictly limited numbers so that we can provide every participant with 1:1 support.
Our expert tutors are passionate about helping individuals implement best practice and empowering culture change.
To be the first to receive discount offers plus information regarding future course dates and FREE webinar events via email.
|Title||Start Time||Total Duration||To Register|
|LIVE PREPARE for Better Science Course (26th-28th April 2022)||09:30am BST||9 hours||CLOSED|
|LIVE PREPARE for Better Science Course (13th-15th September 2022)||09:30am BST||9 hours||Book Now|