Responsible Research in Practice is a UK registered learning provider (UKRLP No. 10092337) founded by Dr Nikki Osborne in 2015. Since then we have been privileged to work with a range of academic, commercial and other life science research organisations around the world.
- Did you know we host a FREE monthly LIVE responsible research webinar series
- We record all our webinars and make them freely available on-demand!
- We are a UK Reproducibility Network external stakeholder affiliate member.
- We provide bespoke in-house training courses and workshops for client organisations.
- Our Responsible Animal Research and Improving Reproducibility training is also available on-demand.
- All attendees of our webinars, training courses and bitesize on-demand sessions receive a certificate of attendance to use for CPD purposes.
Why work with us?
- We care because we are passionate bioscientists who have knowledge & experience to share.
- We recognise that keeping up with advances in good research practices is rarely top of the 'to do list' for many researchers struggling to juggle an ever increasing list of demands upon their time.
- We keep up to date with learning trends, developments in good practice, as well as innovative tools &resources to support researchers to meet expectations.
- We support researcher development by updating knowledge, practicing critical thinking & encouraging self-reflection.
- All our training puts the content in the context of bioscience research & is adaptable for students or staff at any stage of their career.
Since gaining her PhD at Kings College London, Nikki has accumulated over 20 years of experience working within the animal research and animal welfare community within the UK, Europe and beyond.
During this time she worked with academic, commercial, regulatory and non-governmental organisations to promote animal welfare and support implementation of the 3Rs principles of humane science through a range of initiatives. These included education, training, ethical review and policy work.
In 2015 Nikki founded Responsible Research in Practice having developed a growing passion for research integrity and responsible research conduct in the context of bioscience research. Nikki remains an active AWERB lay member in the UK, and is involved with several 3Rs committees including that of the ISTT (International Society of Transgenic Technologies). She is a member of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics), a UKRIO (UK Research Integrity Office) advisor and SYRCLE (SYstematic Review Centre for Laboratory animal Experimentation) UK ambassador.