Training in statistical analysis for in vivo and in vitro researchers
Our statistical analysis training course is designed to support life science researchers to select the most appropriate method of statistical analysis for their experimental design.
Individuals also learn how to report results in a rigorous and reproducible way - a critical skill for individuals at any stage of their research career.
No prior knowledge of statistical analysis methods is required, but some knowledge of good experimental design is assumed.
We believe that responsible, rigorous and reproducible research does not just happen. It requires:
- an awareness and understanding of contemporary best practice standards in all aspects of research practice (including ethics, integrity, experimental design, methodology, statistical analysis and research dissemination).
- the ability to recognise what 'best practice' means for a given research project at a given moment of time (note - this will change throughout an individuals research career).
- the confidence and competence to implement best practice when it matters i.e when planning, designing, conducting, analysing and disseminating their research.
Having completed our statistical analysis training course individuals will be able to:
- identify sources of variation, and understand how to minimise the impact it can have.
- understand how a scientific question maps to statistical questions and combines with the experimental design to influence the choice of statistical analysis methods.
- visualise their data and make the most appropriate choice of plot to explore their data.
- interpret summaries for location and dispersion, and what features of data influence the choice of appropriate summary statistics.
- discuss data transformation methods, why they may be necessary, and which are the most useful.
- identify and deal with outliers, plus use measures of precision.
- compare two groups of data and assess significance using a t-test, plus understand p-values.
- identify and interpret ANOVA, ANCOVA and other statistical tests including non-parametric tests and other simple statistical tests for more complex data types.
- link the results of statistical analysis to the study purpose when reporting their research and use confidence intervals to better inform decision making.
For a more detailed description download a copy of the Online Statistical analysis for In Vivo Scientists training course. You can also watch course tutor Katrina Gore as she shares her “Statistical guide to developing robust preclinical in vitro and in vivo assays” in this FREE Responsible Research Webinar.
9:30am-12:30 noon (GMT/BST), Monday – Session 1: Basics of visualisation and hypothesis testing
9:30am-12:30 noon (GMT/BST) Tuesday – Session 2: Estimation & Precision, Significance tests and Basics of ANOVA
9:30am-12:30 noon (GMT/BST) Wednesday – Session 3: Extending ANOVA and reporting results
£395 per person. This fee includes:
- 3 LIVE online interactive training sessions - to deliver the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to analyse in vivo and in vitro experiments, plus report them in a robust and reproducible way;
- Direct access to Katrina Gore for the duration of the course – to discuss any practical challenges/barriers to implementing your learning;
- Copies of all course content and handouts – all course material is accessible so you can refer back to it whenever you wish;
- Invitation to join a private LinkedIn group – a community for information sharing, tools, resources and collaboration / discussion.
LIVE online course:
12th-14th June 2023 - COURSE FULL.
18th-20th September 2023 - COURSE FULL
8th-10th January 2024 - REGISTER NOW
Why book our courses?
100% of online training participant's surveyed said they would recommend their course to others.
Our courses are available LIVE or ON-DEMAND so you can access them when you need them, wherever in the world you are.
All our courses have strictly limited numbers so that we can provide every participant with 1:1 support.
Our expert tutors are passionate about helping individuals implement best practice and empowering culture change.
To be the first to receive discount offers plus information regarding future course dates and FREE webinar events via email.
|Title||Start Time||Total Duration||To Register|
|Statistical Analysis for In Vivo and In Vitro Scientists Course (12th-14th June 2023)||09:30am BST||9 hours||FULL|
|Statistical Analysis for In Vivo and In Vitro Scientists Course (18th-20th September 2023)||14:00pm BST||9 Hours||FULL|
|Statistical Analysis for In Vivo and In Vitro Scientists Course (8th-10th January 2024)||09:30am GMT||9 Hours||BOOK NOW|