Training to deliver rigorous and reproducible animal studies by planning in accordance with the PREPARE guidelines.
We are delighted to be able to bring you this PREPARE for Better Science training course developed in collaboration with Norecopa (Norway's National Consensus Platform for the advancement of "the 3 Rs" (Replacement, Reduction, Refinement).
Who should attend?
The PREPARE for better science training course is designed for individuals involved in the care, use and oversight of animals in science, who want to Plan Research and Experimental Procedures on Animals in accordance with published Recommendations for Excellence (the PREPARE guidelines).
NOTE - This LIVE online course has been awarded 10 LASA CPD points.
We believe that better, more rigorous and reproducible science does not just happen.
It requires planning to:
- formulate animal studies in accordance with contemporary best practice standards. We will discuss research ethics, how to implement the 3Rs principles of humane experimental technique, experimental design and statistical analysis.
- ensure adequate dialogue between scientists and the animal facility. We will discuss the communication of objectives, timescales, funding and division of labour, as well as facility considerations including risk assessments, plus education and training requirements.
- ensure the quality control of study components. We will discuss experimental reagents and procedures, animal characteristics, health monitoring, housing and husbandry, humane killing and post-mortem analyses.
Having completed this PREPARE for Better Science training course individuals will be able to:
- deliver better science by planning studies using the PREPARE checklist.
- identify what they can do differently and understand how to implement change to plan studies in accordance with the PREPARE guidelines.
- reflect upon the benefits that implementing the PREPARE guidelines can bring in the context of their own work.
- advise others on how to use the PREPARE checklist and website to plan future research activities.
For a more detailed course description download a copy of the Online PREPARE for Better Science training course overview.
Session 1: Formulation of the study
Session 2: Dialogue between scientists and the animal facility
Session 3: Quality control of study components
£395 per person. This fee includes:
- 3 LIVE training sessions - to develop your knowledge, understanding and awareness, plus share resources to support you to implement the PREPARE guidelines;
- 3 planned activities - to reflect upon how to apply the learning outcomes and receive personal coaching from course tutors Dr Nikki Osborne & Prof Adrian Smith;
- Direct access to expert course tutors for the duration of the course – to discuss any practical challenges/barriers to implementing your learning;
- A personal copy of all course content and handouts – so that you can refer back to it whenever you wish;
- Post-session quizes to test your knowledge and understanding of the key points included within the PREPARE guidelines.
NOTE - To register and make payment via our secure online service click the BOOK NOW links below. To request an invoice for individual or group registration fees please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIVE online course:
23rd-25th January 2023 - REGISTRATION CLOSED
29th-31st January 2024 - REGISTER NOW
Why book our courses?
100% of online training participant's surveyed said they would recommend their course to others.
All our courses have strictly limited numbers so that we can provide every participant with 1:1 support.
Our expert tutors are passionate about helping individuals implement best practice and empowering culture change.
To be the first to receive discount offers plus information regarding future course dates and FREE webinar events via email.
|Title||Start Time||Total Duration||To Register|
|LIVE PREPARE for Better Science Course (23rd-25th January 2023)||09:30am GMT||9 hours||CLOSED|
|LIVE PREPARE for Better Science Course (29th-31st January 2024)||09:30am GMT||9 hours||BOOK NOW|