On-demand training to improve the reproducibility and rigour of in vivo and in vitro research
Our improving reproducibility training sessions are designed to support individuals planning, designing, conducting, supervising & overseeing in vivo and in vitro research.
These accessible sessions are relevant to individuals at any stage of their career working within the preclinical, biomedical and life science research sectors.
We believe that the delivery of rigorous and reproducible research requires individuals undertake three stages of learning:
Stage 1 - an awareness and understanding of contemporary best practice standards in all aspects of research practice (including ethics, integrity, experimental design, methodology, statistical analysis and research dissemination).
Stage 2 - the ability to recognise what 'best practice' means for a given research project at a given moment of time (note - this will change throughout an individuals research career).
Stage 3 - the confidence and competence to implement best practice when it matters i.e when planning, designing, conducting, analysing and disseminating their research.
Having completed all 8 sessions individuals will be able to:
- identify what best practice means in the context of your own work;
- recognise how best practice relates to the reproducibility, rigor and the translational value of research;
- plan and design your experiments with renewed rigour and confidence;
- critically review research models, methodology and techniques to identify flaws and limitations to provide opportunities to improve your research practices;
- enhance your research impact and personal contribution to your local research culture.
For more information click the session links below.
8 On-demand training sessions:
- 6 simple steps for responsible research
- What is the aim of your research?
- How to identify the best research model.
- Understanding your research framework.
- Common experimental design flaws and how to avoid them.
- What can you do to improve the research model, method and/or technique?
- What have you learnt and how can you improve?
- Current best practice in research dissemination.
£50 per on-demand training session. This fee includes:
- 1 on-demand training session – choose from a range of sessions to address your learning needs;
- Session quiz – use this quiz to test your knowledge & understanding of the key learning outcomes;
- a PDF copy of session content and handouts to download – all course material is provide for personal use only and accessible to download during the session so you can refer back to it whenever you wish;
- Invitation to join a private LinkedIn group – a community for information sharing, tools, resources and collaboration / discussion.
Why book our courses?
100% of online training participant's surveyed said they would recommend this course to others.
Our course is available ON-DEMAND so you can access it when you need it, wherever in the world you are.
All our courses have homework activities so that we can provide every participant with 1:1 feedback & support.
Our expert tutors are passionate about helping individuals implement best practice and empowering culture change.
To receive discount offers and information regarding future training courses and FREE webinar events via email.
|Title||Start Time||Total Duration||To Register|
|6 simple steps for responsible research.||On-demand||55 mins||Start Now|
|Step 1 – What is the aim of your research?||On-demand||60 mins||Start Now|
|Step 2 – How to identify the best research model.||On-demand||55 mins||Start Now|
|Step 3 – Understanding your research framework.||On-demand||50 mins||Start Now|
|Step 4 - Common experimental design flaws and how to avoid them.||On-demand||75 mins||Start Now|
|Step 5 - What can you do to improve the research model, method and/or technique?||On-demand||70 mins||Start Now|
|Step 6 - What have you learnt and how can you improve?||On-demand||55 mins||Start Now|
|Current best practice in research dissemination.||On-demand||60 mins||Start Now|