Understanding how we show up to others is the key to creating a climate of growth
This weeks blog is about understanding how we show up to others. This is important because:
- all of us are contributing to our local research culture simply by being present.
- you can take ownership of the contribution you make to your research culture but it is not something that you can turn on, or turn off.
- everyone is influenced by the interactions we have with others.
- many of us are unaware that our actions are having an impact (directly or in-directly) on others around us.
- our mindset influences whether we have a positive (mindset of growth) or negative (mindset of survival) impact on others and our local research culture.
mindset of growth, our personal and interpersonal growth habit puzzle pieces fit and flow well together (see image above). This enables us to have the impact we desire and to create a positive climate of growth for others working around us. When we act from a mindset of survival, our personal and interpersonal growth habit puzzle pieces become inefficient and blocked (see image above). This makes it more challenging to have the impact we desire and can create a climate of survival for others working around us. To be the change that we want to see in the world and create a climate of growth for others working around us:When we act from a
- we need to feel that I’m okay and you’re ok.
- we need to be aware of our own feelings and the feelings of others.
- we need to be able to give ourselves and others space plus treat ourselves and others with compassion.
- we need to take ownership of the choices we make and be respectful of the choices others make.
- we need to find an appropriate way to share what is true for ourselves and support others to share what is true for them.
66 days to develop a new habit, but just 1 day to start.REMEMBER: It takes
31 day challenge today. STEP 2: Discover the change that you want to see in the world. STEP 3: Do it. Be the change that you want to see in the worldSTEP 1: Commit to start your
How are you getting on with our August 31 day challenge? We’d love to hear from you so please share you experiences with us via email. #bethechange #mindsetmatters
Responsible Research in Practice is a company passionate about providing meaningful training services (including Mindset Training programmes) and consultancy support (including mindset coaching) to the Life Science research sector.
To find out more about us or to read what our clients and training participants think of us visit our website.